From the cheap, to the extremely expensive, there's just something wrong with them (according to your dog) and they end up thrown in a back room or tossed out. Money down the drain.
There has been only one dog bed that has lasted about 10 years in our house and hasn't lost it's comfort level, is easy to clean, and the dogs fight over it... so now I have three of them.
The Serta Orthopedic Dog Beds have been nothing short of the PERFECT dog beds in our house.
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
- The foam is very supporting and comfortable (I've even slept on the X-Large when one of our dogs was very sick)
- The large size will fit a 60lb Siberian Husky. The X-Large will also fit a 60lb Siberian Husky stretched out to full length, and a 5' 6", 130lb human
- The Pillow top is very comfortable and allows the foam to breathe
- If you follow the washing instructions, it won't shrink. If you don't follow the drying instructions and throw it in the dryer on low, it'll dry faster and still won't shrink (just sayin).
Even after all of these years of hard sleeping by very dedicated sleeping huskies, the foam hasn't developed the usual squished down look, its as springy and supportive as the day we bought them.
The beds provide good support for orthopedic issues or creaky old dog issues. You can even cover them with incontinence blankets or pads for dogs with leak issues. The padding is thick enough to keep a rather large amount of urine from absorbing into the pad if caught early.
Serta has a wide variety of their orthopedic beds, even some that look like a couch. They are available from a wide range of places, even Amazon.
My dogs HIGHLY recommend these beds!